Friday, January 4, 2013


I spent like 6 hours last night trying to get my Kinect to work in Linux it seemed so easy from the OpenCV website. I should have known better. I actually got the Kinect video working the problem was with the body and skeleton tracking functions which are part of NiTE. When I downloaded the latest version of NiTE 2.0 there didn't seem to be any files in the download or rather the correct files! WTF! I didn't want to install an old version of NiTE for fear that it would break my installations of OpenNi. Dahhh!

We will see how much more effort I put into that.

I need to express my last protein today before I submit this paper we have been sitting on forever.

I fixed a Fluorescence plate reader the other day, it had a bad power supply need to figure out what to do with it.

I need to find a decent camera for my spectrography project and wait till my money arrives from this Fellowship/Grant thing. Until then I need to find another project.